Who is Reina Ollivier?
- born in Brussels (Belgium) on 22 March 1956
- mother tongue Dutch but has studied different languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Arabics.
- fond of travelling and sports
- published her first book in 1999: "Wat jij niet weet" (What you don't know)
- was awarded twice the "Book Cub" for the best children's book in translation, both originally written by the Swedish author Ingelin Angerborn:
(Om jag bara inte råkat byta ut tant Doris hund)
- De dag dat ik een hond wilde zijn.
- was awarded prizes by the Children and Youth Jury for:
- Wat als? (What if?)
- De brieven van Viktor (The Letters of Viktor)
- was nominated fot the Childre and Youth Jury for:
Queen Mathilde of Belgium chose a story written by Reina to read aloud: "Samen aan zee" (At the seaside together) from the book "Een kikker om te kussen" (A Frog to be Kissed).